What We Do
We offer fantastic virtual French camp programming to children aged 4 to 12 with significant academic components as well as some fun aspects, run by trained and knowledgeable leaders, and on a safe and secure online platform.
Our French virtual camps will allow your children to spend quality time with enthusiastic leaders while enhancing their French skills during any school break!
Check Out Our Exciting Virtual French Camps!
Campers will rotate through a variety of activities including get moving, arts and crafts, and board games! Each day will also include a rotation of academic-focused activities (reading, conversation and comprehension). Much-loved skits, songs and imaginary campfire will be included of course!
We have also included a snack time so kids can eat in front of their computers and chat with their friends and of course some breaks to stretch their legs and go to the washroom.
These camps are designed to be both academic and fun and include tons of opportunities to practice various French skills and socialize with their peers.
Scroll down for more details and a sample schedule.
Virtual French Camp Cost & Format
We offer a half-day camp three times a year:
March Break Camps
- April 12th-16th: Morning Half-day (9AM to 12PM): $180+HST
- April 12th-16th: Afternoon Half-day (1PM to 4PM): $180+HST
- Week of July 5th until September 3rd (weekly): Morning Half-day (9AM to 12PM): $180+HST
- Week of July 5th until September 3rd (weekly): Afternoon Half-day (1PM to 4PM) : $180+HST
- August 3rd-6th: Morning Half-day (9AM to 12PM): $145+HST
- August 3rd-6th: Afternoon Half-day (1PM to 4PM): $145+HST
Winter Holiday Camps
- First week of Winter break: Morning Half-day (9AM to 12PM): TBA
- First week of Winter break: Afternoon Half Day (1PM to 4PM): TBA
- Second week of Winter Break: Morning Half-day (9AM to 12PM): TBA
Specialty summer camps:
School of Wizardry virtual camp:
- Week of July 5th: Morning half-day (9AM to 12PM), $180+HST, Afternoon half-day (1PM to 4PM), $180+HST
- Week of August 9th: Morning half-day (9AM to 12PM), $180+HST
Around the World virtual camp:
- Week of July 19th: Morning half-day (9AM to 12PM), $180+HST, Afternoon half-day (1PM to 4PM), $180+HST
- Week of August 23rd: Morning half-day (9AM to 12PM), $180+HST
Campers will receive a swag bag with each registration for camp!
March Break Camps:
Campers will receive a swag bag that will contain: hot chocolate, a post card that they’ll get to decorate according to their team and Olympic stickers.
Specialty summer camps:
Swag bag TBD.
Swag bag TBD.
Swag bag TBD.
- A dedicated “bunk leader” that either stays with your child during the whole program or drops in during specialty programs.
- Highly qualified specialists delivering our specialized curriculum.
- Responsible Campus Lead to coordinate all the campers.
- Tech support to ensure our platform and connection are secured and you receive the support you need.
Virtual classes: NEXT SEMESTER Begins March 15th!
We will continue to support your children during the school year. Whether your children attend in-person or virtual school, or are homeschooled, we have programs to support their French learning!
Choose between our weekly French group classes targeting each specific grade level from beginner to advanced French immersion, or one-on-one tutoring customized to your needs, or make your own group class for your “pod” and choose your time slot during the day as well as the frequency.
What We'll Do During French Camp
Format: Children are grouped by age. The “bunk leader” follows your child during the programming and will drop in as needed. They are their go-to during the day.
After starting off with an exciting and engaging team rally cry, or “cri de ralliement”, children will go through three modules of programming each half-day, with bathroom and snack breaks spread throughout. (Please note we do not provide snacks.)
Theme: The theme for our March Break Camp is The Olympics! Campers will receive swag bags that will contain: hot chocolate, a post card that they’ll get to decorate according to their team and Olympic stickers.
Programs: We offer six programs to choose from to ensure your child is grouped with peers that have similar skill and age levels. We ask that you please register in the program that best describes your child’s French level. If you are uncertain, please contact us:
Campers who are francophone OR currently attend French immersion:
Campers who are not in French immersion:
- Les Aigles: Sk-Grade 1
- Les Renards: Grade 2-3
- Les Caribous: Grade 4-6
Virtual French Camp Technology
How do we connect with your child?
Our French virtual camps will come to your house via the well-known Zoom platform. By now most children have grown accustomed to connecting virtually with their schools or our own programming. “Zooming” has become a verb! Our team has invested time and effort into becoming well acquainted with this platform and we are ready to take on the virtual world!
What you will need to connect?
- A desktop, a laptop, or a tablet. As a last resort, a phone would do. Your device should be up to-date with the operating system and have an updated browser as well.
- You should have a good internet connection which allows you to reliably have video-conferencing.
- A quiet area where there isn’t too much background noise or distractions for your child.
- We would love to get them moving, so a bit of physical space around them is great! We will let you know in advance when their Get Moving module is held.
- They will be encouraged to participate in a craft module. Again we will let you know in advance when and what is needed for that. Don’t worry, we have lots of options for substitution!
How do we keep your kids safe?
We have premium access to Zoom’s tools and security features, and have a direct line to Zoom via our account manager. We stay on top of any new releases and have investigated all safety features and measures to be taken. Your child will join us via their Zoom meeting ID, protected by a password. They will be admitted to the classroom via our waiting room and identified by our Campus Lead as soon as they enter. Users trying to enter who are not registered will be disconnected. Our meeting will be locked as soon as the day begins ensuring that uninvited users cannot join in. We disable private chat to ensure campers do not have an opportunity to bully or share content.