French Summer Camp Jobs and more
Join a leader in French summer camps in the GTA whose mission is to provide rich and engaging experiential French programs that support bilingualism, and help us continue to grow and expand our mission to support children in their bilingual journey.
We always have a job offer for your profile no matter whether you are a student or a qualified professional.
Come spend the summer with our team of dynamic and energetic counselors led by extraordinary Coordinators! As a bilingual counselor with Camp Tournesol, you may also be offered year long employment opportunities in our French Tutoring and/or Academy programs. Our salaries are competitive and we put our counselors first! We also have positions available for the spring time for our school trips. Why not spend your summer with us? Please click here and review the various positions available.
Camp Tournesol offers secondary students, university students, and those who simply love working with children a unique opportunity to join and work for a leader in French Camps and improve their ability to communicate in French as they engage in daily, spontaneous use of the language. Working for Camp Tournesol is a great supplement to the French immersion and French first-language programs in Ontario.
At Camp Tournesol, French-speaking counsellors work with campers from 4 to 14 years old, who are either new to the French language, or who can already express themselves in French. Our camps offer a playful, enjoyable, and stimulating atmosphere that help students practice and improve their French all day long.
(must have completed grade 10)
Come join a fabulous team of counselors, delivering Camp Tournesol French programming all summer long. Partnered with another staff member, you’ll be assigned up to 16 campers. All week long you’ll lead the games and activities in French, practicing your French language skills in spontaneous and fun-filled environments. You will use our prepared programming to help campers acquire language skills by creating a positive and supportive learning atmosphere, all while challenging them to use their French in new situations.
You’ll join a team of dynamic leaders focused on collaboration and providing high-quality day camp services, while being constantly supported by your coordinator and our office team. You’ll interact with parents, regularly communicate the progress of their child, and help them with any concerns they may have. And most of all, you’ll have fun the entire time!
Requirements to apply:
- Ability to communicate in French with ease
- Experience working with children is an asset
- Eligible for Grade 10 graduates and higher
- Students in grade 9 are welcome to apply under the volunteer position. Graduates of our Counselor-In-Training program will be given priority for these very limited positions.
- Grade 10 graduates: In each campus, we hire 1 or 2 grade 10 graduates as Junior Counselors in a paid capacity. Volunteers from the previous year are given priority.
- Grades 11 and 12 graduates. Students graduating from grades 11 and 12 can apply for our counselor level 1 paid positions.
Note: Students in grades 10-12 who would prefer to be granted volunteer hours instead of a paid salary have the option to do so.
The majority of the positions in our French day camps are filled with Post Secondary/University students. Students attending an education or modern languages program are strongly encouraged to apply, as experience at Camp Tournesol has proven to enhance teaching applications upon graduation. Positions for this category include counselor levels 1, 2, and 3, as well as Senior positions known as Team Leader.
Love French camp but looking for more leadership? Join us as a Team Leader to manage a group of staff in the delivery of the program, and ensure the successful operation of their campus. There are two Team Leaders per site, and they are supported by our Regional Directors and office team. Staff in this position will be responsible for instructional periods (e.g. book club, language modules) and will support all staff in delivering all other modules of programming. The Team Leader will also act as a mentor for Level 1 counselors and Counselors-In-Training on-site.
High School Students:
- Grade 9 and 10 graduates can apply for our French Overnight Camp CIT Program.
- Grade 11 and 12 graduates can apply to work as a junior counselor at our overnight camp. There are very limited positions available.
Post Secondary/University students:
You are encouraged to apply to have a unique, fulfilling experience as one of our counselors.
Candidates from Quebec or overseas:
You are particularly welcome to apply for this opportunity as accommodation and food is provided and included in your compensation package. If you love nature and the outdoors and engaging in camp games, campfires, swimming, climbing and more, move-in with us and have a fantastic summer!
Requirements to apply:
- Ability to communicate in French with ease
- Experience working with children is an asset
- High school diploma or equivalent
(must have completed grade 11 or higher)
Love everything about overnight camp – from the bonfires to team-building games to the irreplaceable memories? Join us as an overnight French camp counselor!
During the week you will use our prepared programming to help campers acquire language skills by creating a positive and supportive learning atmosphere, all while challenging them to use their French in new situations. You’ll lead a variety of land and water activities, with the support of specialty staff, with fun as the number one priority while also helping to immerse kids in the French language, creating an unparalleled language-learning atmosphere.
You’ll join a team of dynamic leaders focused on collaboration and providing high-quality overnight camp services, while being constantly supported by your Chef de Mission and our office team. And most of all, you’ll have fun the entire time! For the length of the overnight trip, room and board, as well as meals, are provided.
Our school trips are between three and five days long and take place in May and June. As a counselor you will lead activities for students ranging between grades 6 and 12. Goals for the students are to practice their French, celebrate the end of school, and improve their collaboration skills. You are the program leader and you will deliver our Camp Tournesol programming, which connects to the Ontario curriculum. You will be working with a team of energetic staff focused on providing quality experiences in French, it is important you are confident in both your leadership and collaborative skills. You and your team will be supported by our Team Leader and office staff. School trips take place outdoors in Bracebridge, Cedar Glen, and Couchiching (between 1 and 2 hours outside of Toronto). On the weekends, you will be hosted by one of our host families where you will have your own private bedroom and bathroom. You are free to visit the local area or return home, while you are working, room and board is paid for by Camp Tournesol.
The transformation from camper to CIT, Volunteer, and Staff
Kindergarten to Grade 6 – Attend Camp Tournesol as a camper!
Priority is given to previous Camp Tournesol campers, but no previous camp experience is needed to apply to be a CIT.
Grade 7 and 8 – Complete the Leadership Program and apply join the team as a Counsellor in Training
The Leadership Program trains all CIT candidates on their role and develops their leadership skills. It’s a prerequisite to being a CIT, and those who complete it leave feeling prepared to start their summer as a CIT! Instructions for applying to be a CIT are found above.
Grade 9 – Apply to join our staff and spend the summer volunteering
Successful CITs are encouraged to return to the Camp Tournesol team, this time as volunteers! They can earn their 40-hour requirement for high school, and gain more exposure to the role of a Camp Tournesol counselor, this time participating in formal staff training and taking on more roles at day camp. Apply here!
Grade 10 – Apply to join the staff as a paid junior counselor!
All those years of experience have paid off! Successful Volunteers are invited back to join the Camp Tournesol team as a paid junior counsellor, leading their own group and bringing their leadership and Camp Tournesol expertise to the team. Read more and apply here!
At Camp Tournesol we welcome new staff and believe every member of our team contributes in a new and unique way. As such, new and returning candidates are encouraged to apply beginning on November 1st. Applicants who apply after March 1st are considered on a rolling first-come first-serve basis. Please apply as soon as possible to receive priority consideration. Note: Every campus has a different number of positions in conjunction with camper registration. There will be second wave of hiring as camper registration increases in April
- Step 1: Complete our online application via our job portal
- Step 2: Should your application be successful, you will be contacted for the next step
- Step 3: All candidates will be kept informed during the recruitment process. Those who are successful will be sent a contract confirming the position they are being offered.
- Step 4: Welcome to the team!
Once you are hired, and before joining our staff at camp, there are a number of things to do to prepare you for camp! You must:
- Become CPR-C and Emergency First Aid certified (if you are not already)
- Complete a Criminal Record Check (Vulnerable sector) (more information below)
- Participate in new staff training, TBA
- Join us at our all-staff training, TBA
- Complete our online training modules
Criminal Record Checks
If you have been offered a position with Camp Tournesol, you are required to complete a criminal record check (for prospective employees of 18 years old and older only). There are two options to complete this.
Option 1: Camp Tournesol works with Sterling Talent Solutions, who process criminal record checks on behalf of our employees. The administration fee for this is $35 and employees must notify us that it is their intent to use this solution.
- Criminal record checks must be no older than 18 months.
- Criminal record checks must include a “Vulnerable sector search”
- Criminal record checks must be done where you currently live, and each region has its own process for acquiring a criminal record check (more information below)
- If you do not believe your criminal record check will be available before the first day of camp, please provide your receipt until the formal documentation is available.
Are you a passionate teacher, looking to help kids develop their French skills? Brouillet Academy, a subdivision of Camp Tournesol, is looking for a qualified Part Time French Teacher for its year-long program. This program offers online classes of up to eight students between 10 and 15 years old. The goal of the program is to prepare participants to complete DELF certification. The classes are for all French levels (we currently offer classes for A1, A2, B1, and B2).
If this position sounds like a good fit for you, click below and apply! Candidate will meet the following requirements:
- French speakers or advanced spoken and written French level
- Ontario Certified Teacher (or equivalent if you are from another province)
- At least 3 years of teaching experience
Do you love tutoring? Helping kids learn and improving their skills in a new language? The Brouillet Academy is always looking for new qualified French Tutors to work from home for its online tutoring program, where the kids meet their tutors online via Zoom. These programs offer students a chance to practice their oral french while working on their reading and grammar skills and providing homework help.
If this position sounds like a good fit for you, click on job and apply! Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree or currently enrolled in a university program (preference for education-related)
- Ability to create a positive learning atmosphere by developing strong relationships one-on-one with students
- Teaching experience with children (tutoring programs, camp programs, etc.)
- A computer with a stable internet connection and clear audio/video capability
- Technologically savvy and able to troubleshoot minor tech problems with ease
- Able to take on a minimum of 8 clients (approx. 8 hours/week)